Wednesday, October 27, 2010

the way He is...

Laszlo's most requested bed time song right now is 'Our God is an Awesome God'. We've sang it almost every night for the past week or so. I can't remember when he first requested it, but I do remember it was an evening when it was a crazy day or last week when I found out that I have one more year till I can apply for residency (meaning my stay in Romania will be another year longer then originally thought). When he asked for it I remember a bit of a smile and a knowing in my spirit that those words are so true and how good God is to remind us of His truth through his children - even at 7!
Though some days are hard, sad and frustrating, I really do love that God's plans are not ours and that he works in ways we do not exactly think He will... that makes for a life full of amazement, adventure and trust. Maybe a bit scary at times and unsure (or maybe just a feeling of being out of control considering He is in control at all times) but much smoother or maybe just a well marked path as we walk. Sometimes I do stop and ask 'why'? But maybe to know the answer or the time-line or the out come would be too much for my heart to take... so God IS good and I know this to be true! I want to love like him and know I'm loved by him; to have patience like him as we learn and grow; to serve others with grace and tenderness.

1 comment:

Joyce Howerton said...

Love your Stane De Vale pictures...lovely. Great post about trusting God even when we don't understand.